Friday, November 2, 2012

On Culmination 7

Well I completed my first draft about a month ago. Toward the end of my draft, I was reading a book by Alicia Raisley called The Power of Point of View. It was a great read and I think it is going to go a long way so far as helping with my book. It made me realize that I wanted to present Culmination 7 in a different way...a more personal way. So yeah--that is where I'm at now. I'm doing my first rewrite and am changing the POV. I am almost done rewriting the 1st chapter and the story has already changed a lot. I'm curious to see how it will change further in.

I'll throw out updates on anything else I discover along the way.

By the way, if any of you are writing your own story, I recommend The Power of Point of View. I'm sure it will be helpful if you have questions or curiosities concerning POV. If you are wanting to develop your characters, you might try Breathing Life Into Your Characters by Rachel Ballon. That is a fantastic book and has a lot of useful advice. Check out both of them! You could craft your characters and then figure out what would be the better vantage for your story ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment